How do we solve the grand challenge?
Our solution directly addresses this grand challenge in public health as follows:
- 1.Respond to emerging unusual symptoms (symptom reporting and heat maps) and identify approximate heatmaps of the location of sick individuals.
- 2.Respond to spread (encourage citizens to test after exposure, automated alerts to close contacts after positive tests and monitoring of quarantine) to break the chain of infections.
- 3.Respond to lack of early knowledge about treatment plans (we gather treatment and outcome info directly from citizens).
- 4.Respond to vaccination needs (convey eligibility, track and remind the second dose, support upload of authentic adverse side effects, and create private vaccine credentials).
- 5.Respond to the needs of vulnerable populations with paper credentials (monitor equitable deployments, communicate with citizens who are reluctant to engage with overzealous law enforcement).
- 6.Respond to socio-economic pressures by making it highly affordable for government and campuses: In a pandemic, it is unclear who should pay for the pandemic response effort. Our free app for citizens is cost-effective.